Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rev. Son Yang-Won

When I was young, seeing christian ministers in their barong with the bible on their hand preaching on the pulpit is the most uncool thing to see, Please don't get me wrong about it I have nothing against christianity. maybe its just my wrong perception on ministers or maybe because of my immaturity that I find it difficult to digest.



Upon knowing Rev Son of korea, I could never have imagine a man, a christian minister by profession could have done a missionary work way beyond most known saints in history.



No wonder he received a title "Atomic Bomb of love".



Rev. Son Yang-Won, is well known for his steadfast faith he held onto during five years of his hardship. He was incarcerated by the Japanese colonialists for refusing to worship the Japanese Shinto god.

He loved anybody and everybody including such social outcasts as lepers. His love of others was so special that people started calling him "Atomic Bomb of Love." In one example, when two of his sons were slain by his son's own friend for ideological differences, Rev. Son forgave the murderer for his crime, and soon adopted the criminal as his own son. The former killer later became a preacher.



His only weapon is his great faith and love but he is considered as a world saint and a patriot, an inspiration among christians in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment